Zappix Case Studies
Improving patient communication pre and post procedure
A leading GI healthcare provider was looking for a digital solution to enhance patient engagement, better prepare patients for appointments, reduce appointment no-shows, and improve real-time post-appointment feedback capabilities with minimal need for IT team involvement
The healthcare provider found its medical staff were bogged down with various bureaucratic burdens like appointment reminder calls and standardized patient communication, spreading staff resources thin.
Leading Gastroenterology Department
About the Client
The gastroenterology (GI) healthcare provider is part of a hospital & medical center that encompasses an ambulatory care center serving more than 3,000 patients each day, and a 335-bed hospital. The facility’s multidisciplinary approach allows patients access to preeminent physicians from virtually every medical specialty while providing quality primary care at community-based practices throughout their state.
Zappix provided On-Demand Apps for this gastroenterology department as well as multiple departments within their parent organization. Combine with proactive outreach, Zappix On-Demand Apps created an automated appointment confirmation process allowing patients to confirm, cancel, or reschedule their GI appointments. Timely preparation materials tailored to specific medical regimens are also automatically sent to patients via email and text message exactly when they need it, removing the potential for handouts to be lost and increasing the likelihood patients follow proper preparation procedures.
Digital surveys sent to patients the day after appointments imrpove patient care and outcomes while monthly newsletters and reminders are sent to patients with referrals to properly educate them about the importance of gastroenterology check ups and encourage them to book appointments.
The Right Messaging at the Right Time
Throughout the week preceding an appointment, Zappix automated patient engagement alerts patients of what medication to take and where to pick it up, the importance of fiber and water intake, directions and parking information for their procedure location, reminders at scheduled intervals the day of their procedure, and a follow up message after the appointment with a health check-in or satisfaction survey.
7 Days Before Procedure
3 Days Before Procedure
2 Days Before Procedure
1 Day Before Procedure
Day Of Procedure
Post Procedure Survey
Zappix digital patient engagement solutions resolve multiple forms of patient interactions. including:
- Digital Reminders + Guides Automatically deliver the information patients need exactly when they need it
- Registration + Referrals Add new patients and generate revenue with referral reminders
- Mobile On-Demand Apps The most convenient solution accessible to patients 24/7 via text message, email, and any other digital platform
- Appointment Confirmation Text message reminders connect to a rich, app-like experience to automatically confirm, cancel, or update schedules
- Digital Surveys Stay connected to the voice of your patients and quickly identify improvement areas
- Monthly Newsletters Achieve better results with chronic patients and actively reduce patient leakage
- Reduction of no-shows by 66%
- The service was expanded to additional departments over time with increasing scope after initial pilot success
- Higher rate of booked appointments for patients with referrals (increased revenue)
- Improved preparedness for patients coming to complex procedures
- High response rate to post-procedure surveys (over 25%), providing the gastroenterology department with meaningful real-time feedback from patients
- Ability to make changes and updates within 48-hours (updating staff profiles, business hours, etc)
From Paper To Digital
Interested in learning more about how Zappix solutions can benefit your business? Schedule a meeting with our sales team or fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours.