Corporate Social Responsibility Policy of Zappix, Inc.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our community and environment. Our company’s existence is not isolated. We are part of a bigger system of people, values, other organizations, and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the world just as it gives to us. Corporate social responsibility is vitally important to who we are as a company. Our policies ensure that we rigorously adhere to the highest standards in ethical behavior, environmental sustainability, data security and more.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment. We also acknowledge that a key piece of social responsibility is a commitment to growth and learning, working to continuously improve our policies, culture, and mindset for the better.
As a company, Zappix will:
- Respect the law
- Honor its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Proactive Social Responsibility
Zappix recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean is a benefit to all. We’ll always follow best practices when disposing garbage and using chemical substances. Stewardship will also play an important role.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labor).
In an effort to protect the people we work with and around, we will actively work to:
- Avoid risk to the health and safety of our employees and community
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people
- Support diversity and inclusion
We strive to be a beneficial part of the world we live in. To achieve this goal, we will:
- Encourage its employees to volunteer (through programs organized internally or externally)
- Sponsor volunteering events from other organizations where appropriate
- Reserve the right to preserve a budget to make monetary donations. These donations will aim to advance the arts, education or community events, and assist those in need
Zappix recognizes that the long-term health of our business is directly connected to the health of the planet and local communities. We remain focused on sourcing environmental solutions that will lessen our footprint, while serving as an example to our peers. As part of our ongoing efforts, Zappix focuses on the following initiatives:
- Commitment to a continual improvement process in environmental management
- Evaluation of environmental impacts of Zappix operations, facilities, and implementations with a commitment to minimize impacts and restore properties affected by our operations
- Improvement of employee environmental performance through company policies and procedures, training and recognition of excellence
- Efficient use of natural resources to minimize waste generation through efforts that include recycling, innovation and prevention of pollution
- Measurement of environmental performance by use of a framework to set and review objectives and targets, audit progress, sanction employee accountability
- Integration of environmental responsibilities and considerations into daily operations and business decision-making processes
- Promotion of effective environmental management by our suppliers and contractors
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations
- The promotion of awareness regarding environmental policies for employees and the public