IN the fast-paced digital era, businesses across various industries continually strive to enhance their customer experience.
One crucial aspect of this pursuit is optimizing contact center operations to meet customers’ evolving needs and expectations. One innovative approach that has gained significant traction is the deflection of calls to Visual Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems. In this blog, we will explore the concept of deflection to Visual IVR in contact centers, its benefits, and how it revolutionizes the way customers interact with businesses.
What is Visual IVR?
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems have been a staple in contact centers for decades. They serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking assistance or information. Traditional IVRs use voice prompts and keypad inputs to navigate through various options.
Visual IVR takes this concept further by integrating visual elements into the IVR experience. Instead of relying solely on voice prompts, Visual IVR provides customers with an interactive and intuitive visual menu on their smartphones or computers. It allows customers to use touch-screen interactions to navigate options and easily access information.
Deflection to Visual IVR
Deflection to Visual IVR involves rerouting customer calls from traditional voice-based IVRs to the Visual IVR platform. When customers call the contact center, they are initially presented with a brief voice prompt. Instead of listening to a lengthy menu of options, they receive a simple prompt to switch to the Visual IVR platform. Once they agree, they are sent a link via SMS, leading them to the Visual IVR interface on their smartphones or other devices.
Benefits of Deflection to Visual IVR
- Enhanced Self-Service Capabilities: Visual IVR allows customers to resolve issues and find information independently. With an intuitive interface and easy navigation, customers can access relevant information and complete tasks without the need for agent assistance. This saves time for both customers and contact center agents
- Improved Customer Experience: Traditional IVRs can be frustrating for customers, leading to longer call times and lower satisfaction levels. Deflecting to Visual IVR offers a more user-friendly and engaging experience, resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Personalization and Contextual Information: Visual IVR can be designed to recognize incoming callers, providing personalized options based on the customer’s previous interactions. Additionally, the Visual IVR interface can display relevant contextual information to assist customers better and offer tailored solutions.
- Reduced Agent Workload: By empowering customers to handle routine inquiries and tasks through Visual IVR, contact center agents can focus on more complex and critical customer issues. This leads to higher agent productivity and reduced handling time per call.
- Seamless Omni-channel Experience: Deflection to Visual IVR supports the seamless transition between different communication channels, such as phone calls, emails, or web chat. This ensures a consistent customer experience, regardless of the channel they choose to engage with.
- Data and Analytics Insights: Visual IVR platforms can gather valuable data and analytics, providing contact centers with insights into customer behavior, preferences, and pain points. This data can be used to optimize the IVR system further and improve overall service quality.
Deflection to Visual IVR is an innovative and effective way to revolutionize customer interactions in contact centers. By harnessing the power of visual elements, businesses can significantly enhance the customer experience, increase self-service adoption, and streamline contact center operations. This technology allows customers to easily access information, resolve issues independently, and enjoy a more personalized and efficient service. As contact centers continue to embrace advanced technologies like Visual IVR, they can ensure that their customer experience remains competitive and future-proof.